About the right team member:
You are a talented and driven product leader with a consistent track record of enterprise product delivery. You take pride in being so good at your job that everyone else’s jobs become easier. You know how to get the very best out of an organization, leading cross-functional relationships, and are an authority at working with domain experts. You understand that you win when the best ideas are surfaced, regardless of whose ideas they are. You’re passionate about our clients and crafting innovative ways to solve their problems.
You are a leader, able to be impactful through indirect influence, and are a direct and clear communicator. You are impatient, but in a good way, able to move us all forward faster than we might have thought we could go. You are empathetic and analytical, and enjoy rolling up your sleeves to explain complex requirements to engineers or designers, then dive into analysis while zooming out to focus on the business strategy and roadmap.
You care deeply about what we’re trying to achieve at Betterment.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Lead product for Betterment for Business (B4B). You’re not building features: you’re helping craft a whole line of business.
- Join a cross-functional B4B leadership team that drives our business strategy, P&L, and product roadmap.
- Take ownership and accountability in defining detailed product requirements, ensuring that the product meets customers needs, growth goals and adoption targets.
- Build trusted relationships with our design, engineering, sales, marketing, and other teams to craft and launch beautiful, easy-to-use features that solve plan sponsor and participant problems.
- Provide a forward-looking product vision for Betterment for Business to drive clarity and keep the team moving forward.
You will be effective if you have:
- 6+ years of product management experience.
- Experience scoping and working with designers and engineers to deliver complicated products.
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Experience working with and getting the most out of subject matter experts.
- The ability to lead and influence partners and teams that do not directly report into you.
- Deep curiosity.
- Empathy, emotional intelligence, and a love of feedback.
- A drive to be data-informed, able to locate, harness, and analyze data to make decisions, as well as the confidence to decide in the absence of good data.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced startup environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- B2B SaaS experience.
- Time spent in financial services.
- Familiarity with and interest in personal finance & investing.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.