About the right team member:
You are a dealmaker. You enjoy identifying and generating new business and partnership opportunities; but find true satisfaction driving deals from start to finish. You are passionately focused on outcomes and efficiently driving growth for our business in a scalable way. You know collaboration and alignment is key to any successful project, so you are eager to build trusted relationships with our internal teams, who will help turn new opportunities into a reality. You have a strategic mindset and focus on big picture outcomes but also are excited to roll up your sleeves and execute on those deals. You’re a Betterment evangelist: who is looking for a role that will empower you to make substantial and immediate impacts through your hard work.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Diligence, execute and integrate key strategic partnerships and enterprise deals spanning everything from new business to distribution (for both B2C and B2B businesses).
- Lead complex pitches and RFP responses.
- Help structure partnerships and prepare proposals, memorandums of understanding and work with legal to translate deal terms in contractual terms.
- Build strong relationships with engineering, product, finance, legal and other cross functional teams and provide support to all elements of work as it relates to diligence, integration and internal consensus.
- Support ad-hoc large scale corporate development deals where needed.
- Own partner management for critical strategic partners and drive cross-functional efforts to prioritize our business needs and identify new opportunities.
- Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics to internal and external stakeholders, and negotiate and execute new growth and optimization initiatives.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of prospective business development partners across multiple areas of interest.
- Measure and report on effectiveness of the corporate and business development teams.
You will be effective if you have:
- 5+ years of relevant business development experience in externally-facing B2B / B2B2C revenue-generating roles at rapidly scaling companies.
- Proven track record of being able to diligence, execute and integrate complex partnerships and enterprise deals.
- Strong analytical and strategic mindset - adept at analyzing and synthesizing data to support strategies and communications internally and externally.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities to achieve maximum results.
- A team oriented mindset focused on building buy-in cross-functionally and across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity - capable of solving complex business and data problems independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Strong presentation skills, excellent storyteller and charismatic presenter.
- A passion for Betterment’s mission to empower people to make the most of their money.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience at a technology company, investment bank and / or in management consulting.
- A desire to work in a collaborative and dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- An understanding of the financial services industry & potential partners across industries.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 370,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.