About the right team member:
You are an experienced 401(k) sales person, having helped scores of clients launch or transition their 401(k) over your career. You focus on building relationships because that’s what matters – and clients trust you for it. You love interacting with people and know what it means to champion a brand. You are tenacious and always get to “yes.” You are entrepreneurial, and can demonstrate quick thinking and creative problem solving.
You know the 401(k) landscape and players well, and you’ve seen it all in this space. You know change is coming, and you want to be part of the disruption in the 401(k) industry. You're excited by the idea of growing Betterment's 401(k) business through channel partners and aren’t afraid of ambitious goals.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Identify, develop, and close new 401(k) plan sponsor relationships for the B4B platform through targeting 401(k) distribution intermediaries (e.g., brokers, payroll providers)
- Employ a consultative and partnership approach to communicate B4B value and drive sales efforts from initial sourcing to deal close
- Proactively develop and manage relationships with channel partners to support efforts around lead generation
- Prepare and deliver product presentations to current and prospective clients via telephone, road shows, and conferences
- Collaborate cross-functionally and resourcefully across Product, Engineering, Legal, Customer care and Marketing to close new business opportunities
- Partner with Marketing to develop engagement tactics to attract new client relationships through education and thought leadership
- Continually evaluate and report on market intelligence and competitive landscape to develop business insights relevant for new opportunities and feature improvements
You will be effective if you have:
- 7+ years of related 401(k) sales experience with plan sponsors and distribution partners
- Experience in negotiating partnerships or business development
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Hungry to close a deal, but empathetic for target customer
- Past experience selling in a product-centric environment
- A knack for storytelling in both written and verbal form
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and be creative, and initiative to learn
- Series 65 license
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a growth stage company
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $14 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 330,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!