About the right team member:
You are an ambitious, driven sales leader who is seeking to scale a B2B sales organization and drive revenue. You are entrepreneurial and can demonstrate quick thinking and creative problem-solving, while possessing excellent people and management abilities. You’re excited to hire and build a team with a culture of success. You advocate for your team while working cross-functionally to support our broader mission, rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds while thinking through the big-picture. Success is not just hitting our goals, but building an empowered and effective sales team.
You’re seeking an opportunity that will accelerate your personal and professional development, surrounded by focused, analytical and compassionate people. You have a strong interest in financial products and technology and want to evangelize Betterment’s enterprise business lines: Betterment for Advisors and Betterment for Business.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Be responsible for the Advisor and 401(k) sales team, driving revenue attainment for a startup within a startup
- Build scalable and repeatable processes for the B2B business development teams
- Help set departmental sales strategy and collaborate across team leadership
- Hire, lead, and coach a high performing team
- Balance team leadership and direct sales responsibilities while scaling the business
- Set a high standard for data integrity, sales reporting and forecasting, operating within a highly data driven environment
- Serve as the internal voice of our prospects, offering insights into the market
- Partner with Marketing to develop engagement tactics to attract new client relationships through education, thought leadership and demand generation
- Collaborate cross-functionally Product, Engineering, Legal, Customer care and Marketing to drive efficiency and close new business
You will be effective if you have:
- 8+ years of related experience in sales, particularly in financial services or software technology sales, with a proven track record success
- 5+ years leading or running a sales team
- Experience within highly ambitious sales environments, especially with regards to lead generation and channels sales
- Past experience selling in a team-oriented, product-centric environment
- Empathy for your target customer and your co-workers
- A knack for storytelling in both written and verbal form
- Series 65 license
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in the defined contribution space
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $14 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 330,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!