About the right team member:
You’re a performance marketer at heart, and you’ve grown acquisitions by creatively pulling direct response levers in multiple acquisition channels. You have a data-driven, customer-centric mindset, which you’ve applied to paid and owned channels, web optimization, referrals, and more. Attribution excites you, and you don’t rest until you have the data in hand to optimize campaigns. When the data isn’t there, you think creatively to develop hypotheses and solve problems. You thrive on driving strategy to execution and can expertly navigate through a project’s ambiguities. You build strong internal and external relationships, able to rally colleagues around ideas while quickly pivoting as business needs evolve. And you roll up your sleeves to develop new skills. Most important, you’re seeking an opportunity that will accelerate your personal and professional development, surrounded by focused, analytical, and compassionate people.
At Betterment you will:
Apply a cross-channel mindset and superior cross-functional leadership to three core business areas:
- Coordinate the Acquisition Marketing Team's testing roadmap, with particular emphasis on conversion rate and landing page optimization
- Support test execution and implement processes that ensure tracking and measurement consistency
- Share best practices within and across Marketing teams
- Partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Analytics, and Finance to bring new marketing approaches to life
Referral Marketing and Promotional Offers:
- Lead the offer and marketing strategy - as well as the customer experience - for Betterment’s acquisition and referral programs
- Manage the promotional budget, and devise test plans that drive revenue growth while reducing acquisition costs
- Partner with Design and Engineering teams to enhance referral marketing capabilities
- Launch multi-channel partner marketing campaigns that efficiently grow our customer base and deepen penetration into our target audience
- Build campaigns in concert with acquisition channel managers, guiding campaigns from ideation through in-market execution
- Set performance benchmarks, and apply learnings to test plans, campaign optimization, and budgeting
- Serve as the primary conduit to existing and potential partners’ marketing teams
- Support new partnership opportunities by structuring and negotiating deal terms and managing partner expectations
You will be effective if you have:
- 7-10+ years of work experience leading marketing activation in a data-driven marketing role
- Cross-channel mindset and keen understanding of the customer’s lifecycle journey, including handoffs from paid to owned channels
- A strong grounding in offer dynamics, tying customer response to revenue-maximizing strategies
- Broad view of the digital marketing landscape, including exposure to SEM, Display, Affiliate marketing, Paid Social, Podcasts, and direct mail
- Proven ability to optimize conversion rates in browser and mobile apps, by pulling levers across the purchase funnel
- Experience managing external partnerships, and exceptional people and communication skills for navigating through ups and downs
- A knack for balancing short term wins with longer-term investments to maximize a project’s chances of success
- Proven ability to translate brand platforms into high-performing direct response campaigns and powerful customer experiences across a multitude of digital channels
- Growth hacker’s mindset with experience with web analytics like GA, conversion funnel analysis, DR best practices in creative, etc.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $14 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 370,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.