About the right team member:
You’re not a typical IT person. You wear many hats and have a customer service mentality/frame of mind. Most importantly, you rise up to challenges and exude positivity, even in the face of fires. At Betterment, the IT team works closely with all employees, and across all of the technologies they rely on every single day. We cover all sorts of systems, from automating employee onboarding, to supporting all employee-facing hardware, networks, and applications. We know that the right tools and automation are a multiplier for the continued success of a fast growing business, all while keeping the largest online robo-investment advisor running like a well-oiled machine.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Lead a small team responsible for all things IT.
- Partner with security and infrastructure teams to roll out and improve organization wide solutions.
- Automate wherever possible to ensure the availability of self-service solutions, but may also need to deliver the highest quality in-person support.
- Handle selection, consolidation, and relationship of all partners, vendors and SaaS applications, including negotiation, evaluation, and deployment of applications.
- Recognizing our internal IT support is akin to internal production and should be handled with the same care given to our external production services.
- Implementing device management solutions to support compliance and security, ensuring we continue protect our team’s data as we grow.
- Project management of space improvements and alterations.
- Manage technology procurement and configuration for onboarding and offboarding requests.
- Familiar with Network Ops (especially Wifi configuration).
You will be effective if you have:
- 5+ years supporting large environments of users, prioritizing a white glove experience and educating where possible.
- Leading and supporting Okta and G-Suite along with a solid background in OS X are a requirement.
- Experience administering and fixing a wide variety of SaaS solutions (e.g., Dropbox, Slack, Jamf, Carbon Black, Atlassian suite) - Scripting experience is a Plus!
- Experience leading and mentoring teams.
- Sunny Disposition.
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external clients at the executive level.
- Comfortable and familiar with a quickly growing & dynamic environment.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest tools and methods for handling large-scale environments.
- Experience with configuration and integration of third party software or SaaS providers.
- Excellent time management skills, with a keen ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- AWS management experience are not required, but would be great to have!
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $14 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 330,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!