About the right team member:
You get psyched about scaling customer growth because you believe in the power of marketing to introduce people to transformative technologies. You have an intuitive grasp of compelling creative and always use data to support your point of view. When the data isn’t there, you think creatively to develop hypotheses and solve problems. You focus on the details but are comfortable multitasking, and you manage your time toward achieving the bigger picture. Testing is in your marketing DNA. You’re a self-starter and a team player, able to rally colleagues around ideas while quickly pivoting as business needs evolve. You build strong internal and external relationships, and you roll up your sleeves to develop new skills. You use your experience to teach others and stay on top of the constantly changing media marketplace. And while you think and act like a performance marketer, you understand the value of building awareness and consideration.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Efficiently grow Betterment’s customer base through digital channels, focusing on SEM, programmatic display, and multi-channel testing
- Optimize marketing spend efficiency and own your channel’s progress toward increasing LTV/CAC, combining attribution and campaign reporting with a deep understanding of CPA dynamics
- Perform ongoing campaign analysis to shape new campaigns and strategies
You will have direct responsibility for:
- SEM: Own the channel’s strategy, budget, and test plans. Optimize and expand keyword sets, refine ad copy, build high-converting landing pages, improve Quality Scores, and manage bid strategies. Leverage segmentation and audience targeting capabilities where available. Use deep knowledge of the interactions between SEM and SEO - as well as knowledge of search behavior by device (especially mobile) - to boost performance of keyword, copy, and landing page tactics. Run campaign performance analysis, manage Search agency, and partner with the Product Marketing team on launches.
- Display Support: Partner with Display Channel Manager to ensure flawless execution of key prospecting and retargeting campaigns, including ad trafficking, campaign tracking and reporting, and partnering on strategic display initiatives.
- Mid Funnel Campaigns: Develop a test plan for mid-funnel campaign strategies and tactics that support longer-term growth, with a particular focus on driving cross-channel and cross-device synergies.
You will be effective if you have:
- 5+ years of work experience in a data-driven digital marketing role at a fast-paced workplace, with direct experience managing SEM and at least one other digital channel
- Experience with SEM optimization and audience/targeting tools including RLSA
- A cross-channel and cross-device mindset informing how you think about consumer interactions with different channels at different points in the customer lifecycle
- Experience leading successful campaigns for products with a longer consideration and purchase cycle
- Robust understanding of quantitative concepts around driving performance (e.g. deploying lookalike or response models) and measuring performance (e.g. last click vs. multi-touch attribution models, holdout controls, statistical significance)
- Knowledge about different forms of attribution and how to apply them to cross-channel optimization and testing
- Experience with Google AdWords and DoubleClick Campaign Manager
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets for analysis purposes, eager to develop/learn SQL skills
- Deep familiarity with the broader digital media landscape (e.g. DSPs, DMPs, 3rd party data Providers)
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 370,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.