About the right team member:
You are an energetic, driven professional with sound business acumen and natural sales instincts. You are tenacious and always get to “yes.” You are a strong communicator, both written and verbal, and are very organized. You are entrepreneurial and can demonstrate quick thinking and creative problem-solving.
You have a strong interest in financial products and technology and want to evangelize Betterment for Advisors (B4A). You are excited by the idea of working with investment advisors and financial planners to help them introduce and utilize a new financial platform that’s changing the market. You're excited to be on a fast-moving, small team that's a startup within a startup, and you’re motivated by the idea of bringing new clients onboard a novel solution while helping to redefine an entire market.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Identify and develop new advisor relationships for the Betterment for Advisors platform, driving sales efforts from initial sourcing to successfully bringing client assets onboard
- Employ a consultative approach to understand a prospect’s current environment and business needs in order to communicate the B4A value proposition
- Collaborate cross-functionally and resourcefully across Product, Engineering, Legal, Customer care and Marketing to close new business opportunities
- Prepare and deliver product presentations to current and prospective clients via telephone, road shows, and conferences
- Be an internal voice of our advisors, offering insights into Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to help collaboratively shape the direction of the product
- Continually evaluate and report on market intelligence and competitive landscape to develop business insights relevant for new opportunities and feature enhancements
- Partner with Marketing to develop engagement tactics to attract new client relationships through education and thought leadership
- Create scalable and repeatable processes for the B2B business development teams
You will be effective if you have:
- 5+ years of related experience in business development, particularly in financial services or software technology sales
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Ability to initiate and drive sales opportunities to completion with minimal guidance
- Past experience selling in a team-oriented, product-centric environment
- Empathy for your target customer and your co-workers
- A knack for storytelling in both written and verbal form
- Excellent organizational skills
- Required: Series 7, 63 and 65 or Series 7 and 66 licenses
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $13 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 330,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!