About the right team member:
- Do you ever find yourself daydreaming about advertising?
- When you watch TV, do you turn the commercials up, instead of down?
- When you go to sleep at night, do you count Instagram likes instead of sheep?
- When your friend tells you a funny story, do you catch yourself saying, “Retweet,” out loud?
- When someone at a cocktail party starts talking about taxes and index funds, do you run toward the conversation...instead of far, far away?
- Have you ever considered legally changing your middle name to “Data-driven” just so it can be true when you say, “Data-driven is my middle name”?
- Does this “About the right team member” section make you like the idea of this role even more? If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, then you’re probably the right team member.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Help to develop Betterment’s social media strategy, designed to drive brand awareness, build relationships with influencers, and increase positive brand association
- Work with content and PR teams to build a social media calendar that will help us reach our goals
- Run the day-to-day responsibilities of promoting our owned and earned articles on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more
- Manage tracking and performance metrics for all social channels and recommend ways to optimize
- Help construct and execute customer engagement social campaigns
- Explore and implement new strategies for customer acquisition through social media channels
- Use creativity and customer insights to develop campaigns on brand marketing messages (e.g., “New Year, New You,” tax season, etc.)
- Lead integrated marketing campaigns across all channels: CRM, PR, content, email, paid acquisition, and more
- Support video content strategy, project management, and production
- Handle relationships with external video vendors, who will help drive strategy, process, and production
- Partner with marketing and product teams to develop a steady calendar of video content, including evergreen educational videos, product tutorials, product launch videos, video advertisements, and more
- Manage customer support, marketing, investing & advice, product, and other key internal partners throughout production process
- Partner with the paid acquisition team and necessary vendors to produce direct response creative in various formats, including video, display ads, out-of-home, and more
You will be effective if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a brand-related role (preferably a role that included social media management, integrated marketing, and creative development)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong creative instincts
- Utmost attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Experience leading multi-channel marketing campaigns from start to finish (e.g., writing a brief, getting signoff from internal partners, developing creative assets, attending video shoots, and measuring performance)
- Ability to guide a creative team to explain complex concepts in a brief, intuitive way that also adheres to voice and brand
- Performance-driven mindset with a history of driving measurable business performance
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for performance marketing
- Some understanding of financial advertising compliance principles, as well as ability to follow Betterment’s compliance standards
- Ability to work well under deadline and in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize projects and workload as they relate to company and departmental goals
- Openness to frequent positive and constructive feedback
- Motivated to become an authority in financial services and investing
Bonus points if you have:
- Investing and financial knowledge
- Regularly followed the fintech space and/or have a financial services background
- Knowledge of Betterment’s investing philosophy and brand
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $13 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 330,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.