At BetterLesson, our Business Development Representative directly contributes to the growth of our organization. The growth is accomplished by developing a qualified sales pipeline to meet our revenue targets. This position provides an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and have an immediate impact. In this role you will be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams and utilize cutting-edge technology to engage with prospective customers. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Business Development.
Here are some of the things you can expect to accomplish in this role:
- Identify top prospects or respond to inbound inquiries from prospects to secure qualification meetings.
- Learn and deliver the BetterLesson value proposition in a fashion that will educate potential clients about the benefits of our solutions.
- Follow the established BetterLesson outreach process to manage a high-activity pipeline of leads.
- Initiate direct outreach campaigns through technologies and social channels.
- Document interactions with prospects in software systems and communicate clearly and effectively with the sales team as needed.
- Participate in select conferences that will open new doors in target states.
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- You have experience in K12 education and/or previous EdTech experience.
- You are able to speak to and comfortably ask questions to K12 district leaders.
- Are goal oriented and motivated by driving revenue growth.
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills are second nature to you.
- You are comfortable with fully remote work and are able to juggle being self-motivated and independent as well as working as part of a team.
What We Can Offer You
- Remote-first work.
- A flexible schedule and open vacation policy.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- The opportunity to spend everyday working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized to meet the needs of all students. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development approach, BetterLesson supports educators with differentiated support across the school year -- using a mix of self-directed online courses, remote 1:1 coaching, non-evaluative learning walks, and collaborative in-person and virtual workshops centered around targeted outcomes. All of our learning experiences are powered by the BetterLesson Lab, giving participants a centralized hub to measure outcomes of their learning and district leaders a complete picture of the impact of their professional learning program. We match each educator with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest research-backed teaching strategies aligned to their area of focus, measure impact on student learning, and improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 400 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.