As the Regional Vice President of Sales, you’ll be a senior member of the Sales team and support BetterLesson by leading a motivated team of sales professionals who are tasked with driving significant new business and existing account revenue growth within the region. This role reports to the SVP of Sales.
Territory Includes: WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, AZ, NM, TX, HI, & AK
Here are some of the things you can expect to accomplish in this role:
- Participate as a key member of the sales leadership team to ensure overall business success.
- Coach direct reports on strategies to drive sales wins.
- Lead initiatives to drive customer awareness and engagement.
- Actively participate in client interaction at the executive level and assist in contract negotiation and deal execution when needed.
- Monitor and analyze educational trends across the region, actively reviewing state, county, and local legislature to actively assist sales teams developing territory sales strategies.
- Handle escalated sales issues and assist in providing customer facing representation to resolve any concerns on behalf of the company.
- Lead sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the needs of sales and partnering with senior sales leaders to provide solutions and best practices.
- You’re passionate about and eager to grow in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You have comprehensive knowledge of the K-12 market and E-Learning professional development products for adult learners.
- You have extensive experience in SaaS technology.
- You've spent your career working and building relationships in the Western region of the US.
- You have expert knowledge and experience in building and motivating sales teams, growing pipelines, and hitting revenue targets.
- You have strong business development, negotiation, and communication skills at the client C level.
- You have previous experience in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- You’re comfortable with traveling up to 30-50% of the time.
What We Can Offer You
- Servant leadership and culture of continuous improvement.
- Remote-first work.
- A flexible schedule and open vacation policy.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- The opportunity to spend every day working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a way that’s personalized and continuous -- using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 400 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.