BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a personalized and continuous way -- using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software. We match each teacher with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest customized teaching strategies, measure impact on student learning, and improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 400 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
About Our Culture
We are a growing team of teaching practice geeks, educational opportunity devotees, and product development specialists who are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as reflected in and supported by our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Continuum. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a shared passion to transform professional learning for educators at scale and a sense of urgency to achieve this vision on behalf of students.
BetterLesson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and value the inclusion of diverse perspectives of our team in support of our work with students and partners. We are deeply committed to providing equitable access and lifting up different voices inside and outside of the organization. We enthusiastically invite individuals of all backgrounds, including people of all races, colors, religions, sexes, pregnancy statuses (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origins, ages, marital statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, non-disqualifying physical or mental disabilities, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit, to apply. At BetterLesson, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive into our highly dynamic organization headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We offer a unique opportunity to join a small team and make a massive impact on our education system.
About The Role
As the Regional Marketing & Events Specialist, you will develop and manage all regional marketing campaign planning and execution for BetterLesson. You will work closely with the Director of Sales Operations and the sales team to design and execute campaigns that align with state and territory objectives and to engage our District and School Leaders. Your main duties will include creating and executing email and cadence campaigns. Drafting regional messaging and creating templates for the sales team to leverage in their outreach. Supporting regional events by creating demand and driving sign-ups. Preparing collateral through Sendoso. And creating campaigns to re-engage and follow-up after regional events. You will be responsible for establishing processes to organize various initiatives across multiple territories and drive new bookings for our sales team. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Growth Marketing.
You will focus on 5 main functional areas:
- In-person and virtual event support
- Regional messaging and collateral
- Developing campaigns (digital, email, and cadence) personalized by region
- Account-based marketing to support our sales strategy
- Partnership campaigns that align with territory objectives
- RFP campaign support
- Create and maintain a regional campaigns calendar that is inclusive of events and campaigns that elevate the BetterLesson message at the regional level.
- Support in-person and virtual events for our sales team by driving demand before events, supporting collateral requirements through Sendoso for the event, and creating email/cadence campaigns that engage interested participants after the event.
- Measure and report on the ROI of our regional events to inform future event strategy.
- Create, measure, and optimize regional messaging that drives new opportunities for the sales team and supports conversations that result in new direct business.
- Identify collateral needs for each territory that align with marketing and business goals and work across the marketing functional teams to create.
- Create, write, and/or edit email or digital campaigns that support our regional strategies and marketing objectives. Work with the Director of Sales Operations and the marketing functions to create assets and launch multi-channel campaigns to drive MQLs and convert SQLs to customers.
- Support our social media efforts and execution, building campaigns that align to our regional marketing and events strategy.
- Influence our regional paid search strategy, providing insights, ideas and recommendations to reach our target markets across each of our industries.
- Execute Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategies that align with our target client and sales + marketing objectives. Provide direction to include sales support for execution.
- Create campaigns that support our strategic partnerships at the regional level. Identify where partnerships are more prevalent, collaborate with the Content Marketing Manager to align our content and marketing calendars to include target partnerships by region.
- Deliver monthly reporting of regional marketing initiatives that communicate the value of our campaign and event strategy.
Measurements for Success
We will measure the success of your regional marketing strategy and execution through:
- Sales meetings booked
- MQL to SQL conversion rate
- Email cadence and campaign engagement (open rate, CTR, CVR, ROI)
- Passionate about and eager to grow in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Committed to building and sustaining a collaborative, inclusive environment.
- Organized and detail-oriented. Able to build and manage processes that support on-time and on-going execution.
- A good communicator with good writing skills. You can draft email copy and regional messaging that speaks to our unique value and aligns with the climate of education in each state.
- Data-driven and committed to continuous optimization based on analytics.
- A highly motivated self-starter with an intrinsic drive to excel.
- Committed to ensuring that a greater number of educators receive the professional learning support they need to create student-centered classrooms.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in marketing/communications, executing multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills to keep campaigns moving forward.
- A creative mindset that can align messaging with the needs and intent of the buyer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Experience with HubSpot and Salesforce.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- A competitive salary.
- Health and other employee benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- A flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- The opportunity to spend every day working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.