BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally
responsive, and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional
development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a way that’s personalized
and continuous -- using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote
workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software. We
match each teacher with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest
customized teaching strategies, to measure impact on student learning, and to improve
teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts
teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their
iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 200 school
districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is
We are a growing team of teaching practice geeks, educational opportunity devotees, and
product development specialists. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and
culture: a shared passion to transform professional learning for educators at scale and a sense
of urgency to achieve this vision on behalf of students. All candidates should have the
experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive into our highly dynamic organization headfirst
and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We offer a unique
opportunity to join a small team, have flexible hours, and make a massive impact on our
About The Role
As a Director of Sales & Partnerships, you will prospect, manage, and close new business
opportunities to drive the breakthrough and expansion of BetterLesson’s Personalized PD
platform and coaching services. We envision this role as responsible for building long-term
relationships with district leaders and optimizing the sales process, in addition to accelerating sales growth.
These responsibilities are critical to our company creating a world-class
instructional coaching force and achieving our target levels of impact on teachers and students.
● an energetic and seasoned sales executive;
● a clear and professional communicator, both verbally and in writing;
● highly self-motivated and capable of working independently and as part of a
● experienced in a data-driven and impact-focused environment;
● passionate about education and BetterLesson's social mission;
● comfortable embracing the experimentation, risk, speed, and failure inherent to
startup hustle; and
● passionate about upholding the values of diversity, equity and inclusion
● Forge new or reawaken existing relationships with superintendents to engage their
districts with BetterLesson
● Convincingly take command of a room full of superintendents and senior
administrators to bring them the compelling value of BetterLesson
● Bring superior instructional cred into deep conversations about coaching and
● Nimbly field questions and provide consultative guidance in real-time, while you and
district administrators work through the unique needs of each district
● Build and maintain strong relationships with the superintendent (and other key
stakeholders) for our ongoing accounts, laying the groundwork for evangelism and
● Travel the country spreading the word about Personalized PD (up to 30% travel
● 5 + years of experience selling highly consultative services in education
and K-12 markets
● Maintained a strong network of contacts in the education space
● Initiated and closed high-value deals in the education space
● Participated in the ongoing success of the accounts that you close
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
We Can Offer You:
● the opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
● a competitive salary.
● health and other employee benefits.
● equity in the business you are helping to build.
● a flexible schedule and vacation policy.
● the opportunity to spend everyday working to improve outcomes for teachers and
BetterLesson’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
BetterLesson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse
workforce at all job levels. We don’t just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and
we know it benefits our employees, our products, our partners, and our community. We
encourage individuals to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status
(including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, non-disqualifying physical or
mental disability, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit. At BetterLesson, we are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.