Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack (remote)
Better Health is creating a new medical provider type, disrupting the $60B home medical supply industry. How? By bundling peer support, coaching, education, and home delivery of medical supplies in an end-to-end care solution we turn the focus to our members and help them choose the best medical supplies to address their underlying chronic conditions.
Since its inception in November 2019, Better Health has gained Medicare licenses in 46 states, 11 Medicaid licenses, and preferred national provider contracts with Oscar Health, UHealth, Humana. As a result, our member base has rapidly grown rapidly grow month over month with virtually no churn. We are backed by Caffeinated Capital, General Catalyst, 8VC, and Bill Ackman, as well as several prominent healthcare leaders including the CEO and President of eHealth.
As a telehealth organization, it is imperative that we have a strong fullstack software engineer that will ensure scalability. If you -
Are excited about making a positive, lasting impact on people's lives
- Want to take an active part in bringing about the consumer healthcare revolution
- Love eCommerce and shaping a company's engineering strategy in the early days
Well, then we want to talk to you!
So, what will you do as our Fullstack Senior Software Engineer?
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, operations, sales, and marketing to identify needs and translate them into platform solutions.
- Participate in scoping, prototyping, testing, developing, deploying, maintaining, and evolving tasks inside your project.
- Deeply understand your areas of responsibility and expertise as it relates to projects.
- Write maintainable end-to-end code.
- Perform exhaustive end-to-end tests before submitting code for review.
- Estimate and prioritize inside a tasks management system.
- Participate in code reviews as the team grows
- Mentor fellow team members as we grow
- Self-starter: manage work schedules and software personal backlog without supervision
- Ability to work in an asynchronous environment
- Learn and master new technologies quickly to ensure Better Health aligns with industry best practices
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- SQL / noSQL design fundamentals
- AWS preferred (GCP/Azure will be considered)
- Product Design Experience
Bonus Points for:
- Docker / CI/CD Pipelines
- Cache servers (Redis)
- HIPAA Compliance
What you get:
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Healthcare & Dental
- Flexible PTO
- Remote work first
- Join a team committed to improving the lives of those living with chronic conditions
But most importantly, here at Better Health, our mission is to bring information, access, and support to people managing chronic conditions at home. Our diverse team is united by our shared values to:
- Take patientes seriously and treat them well. Shift mindset: our members have choice, they are smart, they’re right. We follow-through our commitments.
- Lead with curiosity, kindness and a solution mindset. Get to the root of things, dig deeper, support our members and each other
- Pursue growth and move fast to maximize impact. Pursue growth personally and organizationally, be comfortable with change, be open to giving and receiving feedback to continually improve, source many opinions and then make fast decisions.
If you're fired up at the thought of revitalizing an archaic $60 billion home medical device industry and passionate about user-focused solutions, join us!
Better Health is committed to being an employer that provides not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Here at Better Health, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.