Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services include mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the value in each person's perspective and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it's important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking to hire a Lead SOC Analyst to join our security team. You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our current security infrastructure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the SOC manager to help oversee day to day operations, while mentoring junior SOC Analysts with prioritization of cases and projects
- Maturing the SOC through creating/tuning new alerts and use-cases, identifying gaps in visibility, and partnering with stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining new SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Perform technical analysis on a wide range of cybersecurity issues, with a focus on network and endpoint activity and data loss prevention
- Document key event details and analytic findings and update procedures and technical analysis documentation on a regular basis
- Utilize open-source threat & vulnerability information with data collected from sensors across the enterprise into cohesive and comprehensive analysis
- Triage security tooling alerts and service desk tickets
- Conducting security audits of existing tools and stay up to date on new and emerging threats
- Create and improve processes, procedures, policies and have the ability to prioritize tasks and investigations
- Proven expertise in an information security field, such as; IT support, networking, project management, or infrastructure, with a minimum of two years as in a senior or lead role.
- Experience with security detection tools such as; SIEM, EDR, DLP, eDiscovery, Packet Capture
- A strong understanding cyber security frameworks and policies, such as; ISO 27001, NIST SP 800-53, and MITRE Attack Framework
- Strong understanding of Windows, MAC, and Linux
- Have worked in Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodology environments
- Work with MSSP as a point of escalation
- Define tool requirements to improve SOC capabilities using SOAR
- Experience with public Cloud Native APIs (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google)
This role is a remote-mode position. This role does not have a regulatory or functional requirement to be in the office. There is no in-office requirement for this role.
“For Colorado-based candidates*: Minimum salary of $140k + bonus potential, equity, and benefits.
*Disclosure of minimum annual salary required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) for opportunities in Colorado.”
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees, and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and the opportunity for a yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.