Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services include mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the value in each person's perspective and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it's important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity
Better.com is seeking a growth-oriented, highly strategic, and analytical content and SEO team lead. This team lead will lead all aspects of our content marketing strategy - you are the perfect mix of strategic and scrappy - you use research and insights to inform your ideas but can also react to new concepts and quickly setup tests to successfully reach new and existing customers.
You’ll be given a lot of responsibility early on: your ambition, ability to juggle multiple projects, and high attention to detail will be crucial to your success on this team. The ideal candidate has natural curiosity and a strong analytical mindset with a focus on outcomes and pushing things across the finish line. It’s not about getting it right, but it is about putting process in place to know when something isn’t working.
The ideal candidate knows a little bit about a number of marketing channels but can go deep on content strategy and SEO. In this role you will be accountable for defining and owning our content strategy, SEO goals, and driving organic growth and conversion. To be successful this person will need to work cross functionality with product and creative teams to push forward the SEO roadmap and deliver value for the business. In addition to content management, this person will also work closely with growth and acquisition teams to ensure that we are meeting our top-level business goals.
This role has a unique opportunity to make a large impact across many areas of a fast-growing start-up - success is contingent on deeply understanding business needs, being data curious, and leading with influence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead our content strategy and vision focused on developing content that is SEO focused, relevant to our business, and valuable for refinancers, homebuyers, and real estate agents
- Translate complex processes and concepts into digestible, easy to understand content pieces that drive organic traffic as well as conversion among existing clients
- Have a strong editorial eye for content and be able to write or proofread technical pieces
- Use data to identify new content opportunities and areas for optimization
- Expand our content library to include other formats including video, infographics, webinars, podcasts, calculators, and tools
- Partner with product marketing, product, and engineering to bring ambitious content ideas to fruition
- Ensure progress and tracking towards agreed priorities and OKRs
- Collaborate with growth and acquisition teams to ensure that content is aligned with the growth strategy and is optimized for SEO and user experience
- Communicate brand strategy and guidelines internally and with third parties to ensure adherence
- Leverage dashboards to track and report on key SEO performance metrics to communicate to other business stakeholders
- 5-9 years of experience in a marketing role
- Marketing experience in an agency working with multiple clients, finance, lending, real estate, tax, or other complex products
- Strong experience using SEO and Content Management tools, such as Google Suite Tools, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Moz, SimilarWeb, and Screaming Frog
- Experience growing and managing a team of functional experts
- Copywriting, editorial, or journalism experience
- Deep understanding of SEO and content strategy and how they drive organic traffic in competitive industries
- Collaboration experience with product and engineering teams to create user experiences and messaging that resonates with prospective customers and drives action
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment to drive stakeholder alignment and scaled communications
- Experience with making strong off-page, outreach, and backlinking recommendations to grow organic search traffic and conversions
How you work:
- Operate both at a strategic level, leading long-term planning, and at a tactical level, executing upon key deliverables on short timelines
- Highly proactive, extremely organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects at the same time
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Natural intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills to review data, interpret results, and turn insights into actionable and measurable strategies
- Collaborative and open to working in a team environment
This role is a flex-mode position. Role does not have a regulatory or functional requirement to work from office full time. Individuals are within 50 mile commuting distance and expected to be in the office approximately 2-3 days per week.
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees, and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and the opportunity for a yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.