Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking to hire a SOC Analyst to join our Security Team. You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our current security infrastructure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform technical analysis on a wide range of cybersecurity issues including; network and endpointing investigations, threat hunting, vulnerability management, and DLP
- Triage security tooling alerts and security service desk tickets
- Perform incident response, for security incidents following the IR-lifecycle. This includes analyzing, monitoring and correlating security log for; endpoints, end users, applications across multiple platforms
- Work as a liaison between Security and business partners to improve security of the organization
- Develop, enhance, and update technical analysis documentation on a regular basis, such as Standard-Operating-Procedures, how-tos, and hardening documentation
- Tracking, and reporting of vulnerabilities. Working with business partners to mitigate or remediation vulnerabilities based on risk score
- Staying up to date on new and emerging threats, while performing threat hunts for any IoCs found
- This role is designated as ‘Remote Mode,’ and employees are not expected to report into a Better office at any time. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required unless fully remote employees attend an onsite, in-person meeting, office event, or otherwise interface with Better employees and/or customers in person.
- 4 years minimum experience in the information security field
- 2 years experience with security detection tools SIEM, EDR, DLP, VM, etc.
- Looking to automate out mundane tasks and speed up evidence collections during investigations
- Create or improve upon processes, procedures, and policies
- Work with MSSP as a point of escalation
- Define tool requirements to improve SOC capabilities
- Experience with public Cloud Native APIs (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google)
- Experience working in Financial industry a plus
- Investigate and resolve anomalies and events
- Assist with maintaining and enhancing the current security infrastructure
- Assist with network security evaluations and enhancements
- Security certifications preferred but not required (Sec+, GCIIH, CEH, eCIR, CCTHP etc.)
- Experience working in an environment with compartmented programs
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with networking protocols (e.g., TCP/IP), services (e.g., web, mail, Domain Name Server), and how they work
Job Requisition ID - JR101772
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.