Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better Opportunity
The Better Analytics Platform empowers the Better home ownership platform by providing curated, high-quality, cross functional datasets and analytical tooling. We exist to allow data consumers to access, explore, and make data driven insights.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will help define the analytical strategy, drive requirements, and deliver products that will power intelligence at Better. Your team will own the systems that take data from event emission and ingestion all the way through to the operational dashboard and other Better services built on top of our data. You will work closely with cross functional key stakeholders, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts. You will collaborate with nearly every aspect of the Better organization; from Sales to Finance, from Mortgage Loan Application to Home Insurance. You will change the course of Data at Better and create a world-class product suite that fuels and supports our unprecedented growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with data teams to create the analytical strategy, drive requirements, and deliver products that power intelligence at Better
- You will partner with and influence both customer-facing and internal teams when it comes to decisions regarding technical architecture, warehousing, customer data management, and analytics products
- Act as the Product Owner in one or more scrum teams, setting the vision for the team, writing and prioritizing user stories, grooming the backlog, keeping the team focused, and communicating to stakeholders regularly
- At least 5 years of Product Management experience delivering successful and innovative data analytics products
- You have a proven track record of strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- You have the ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and move quickly with cross-functional teams to in order execute while maintaining attention to detail
- Experience with ETL technologies, SQL, Data Management & Analytics platforms is a plus
- Strong architectural background is a plus
- You have a collaborative attitude and you work very well with others
- You understand the need to provide leadership and guidance while understanding and communicating all perspectives
- You take responsibility for decisions, make tradeoffs and participate in a culture of knowledge sharing and transparency
- You carry deep experience in software development and are able to appreciate the challenges engineering and product teams face
Job Req ID: JR101577
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.