Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
Better is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Beyond producing high quality loans and an extreme focus on customer experience, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, Irvine, Oakland, Charlotte and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. In joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Better is looking for a Home Advisor to join our team based in Kihei, Hawaii. The Home Advisor organization is designed to give our customers a single point of contact when working through their home buying or refinancing journey. We aim to streamline the experience with a clear owner of the customer’s application and give us the ability to adapt to specific needs of different loan products and customer types.
The Home Advisor (HA) is a client-facing role that serves as the primary point of contact throughout the entire customer journey. This role requires an NMLS license.
- Responsible for providing excellent CX throughout all communication to the customer
- Responsible for monitoring the pipeline to make sure all files stay on track and meet Production Targets
- Executing on post-lock outreach cadences to ensure borrower-driven tasks are completed and files can be moved forward
- Post-lock communication regarding title, appraisal, UW issues, denials, closing, funding, and servicing
- Escalating customer concerns to appropriate contacts and ensuring the customer is presented with solutions
- Working with Sales Managers to handle price-related escalations where concessions may need to be applied (ex. shopping around, HA miscommunication, post-lock matching, etc.)
- Effective cross team communication to ensure files move forward in a timely manner and any necessary requests are made to the customer as quickly as possible
- Milestones/Segments Include:
- Unengaged Day 1 (pre-lock)
- Engaged Definitely (pre-lock)
- Conditional Approval (post-lock)
- Closing (post-lock)
- Post-Funding (post-lock)
- Possess NMLS licensure
- Remain in a stationary position 80% of the time
- Constantly operate a computer and call headset
- Able to exchange accurate information with clients and team via phone, video conference, email, and text chat
- Work overtime as needed
- Work at least one weekend day per month
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.