Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better Real Estate (BRE) simplifies the home buying journey for customers by matching them with top-performing real estate agents and providing ongoing guidance throughout their home search phase, queuing up a seamless loan process.
Customers interested in our real estate offering have grown 10X since January 2019. The growth of the real estate company is a vital part of the 2021 strategy for Better. The market manager will play a critical role in developing our local market. This position will lead our in-house employee agent salesforce.
As an early entrant to this business, this hire will be deeply involved in shaping how our customers and agents relate to Better Real Estate. This individual will be the face and voice of the Better Real Estate brand within the local market. This hire will also expect to contribute in the following ways:
- Contribute to the market goal with up to 12 closed transactions per year.
- Interview, hire and build a world-class team of highly productive agents.
- Develop, mentor, and coach agents throughout the sales funnel on both sides of the real estate transaction. Conduct weekly 1:1’s with each agent on the team.
- Use KPIs to measure agents and overall market performance.
- Communicate with Better's local customers to get real-time feedback and ensure we deliver on our customer service promise.
- Act as a liaison between Better HQ and your team. Provide feedback to help us improve our agent's and customer's experience.
- Source, interview, and manage ancillary partners that will help your team deliver an amazing experience to our customers.
- Work alongside regional managers to drive results for your market.
- Real Estate Guru- Closed a minimum of 30+ lifetime real estate transactions with at least five on the listing side.
- Leader- Experience leading agent teams or managing a branch office.
- Results-Oriented- Passionate about achieving market goals and can inspire others to join you in your quest.
- Nimble- Ability to scale and adapt in a high growth environment
- Problem solver- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios.
- Tech-Savvy-Can navigate multiple software platforms and tools easily. Comfortable using apps from your mobile device.
- Desire to crush it
- BA degree preferred but not required.
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.