Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human capital, and office experience, the People Operations team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for a Recruiting Systems Lead to help our talent acquisition team reach its peak as Better continues growing. In this role, you will engage directly with internal and external partners to optimize our hiring process and elevate our candidate experience. You will drive our recruiting technology roadmap and implement innovative solutions in line with our talent acquisition strategy. Success in this role requires a high degree of ownership, strong relationship management skills, creative thinking and problem solving skills all in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own Talent Acquisition technology ecosystem to include strategy, configuration, stakeholder management, and cross functional support across a variety of tools that help us hire more efficiently.
- Serve as primary system admin responsible for the scope and delivery of enhancements that improve and help our Recruiting Organization. This also includes staying updated with new releases and road-maps and finding opportunities to use new features to improve our processes.
- Manage and optimize new and existing integrations while providing quality thought partnership and understanding across a wide array of stakeholders.
- Research and identify solutions to business issues, and new Recruiting Program requirements.
- Drive the evolution of our Recruiting Technology roadmap
- Partner with people analytics team on reporting, data management and hygiene, security / access – support and advice on reporting dashboards
- 5+ years of project management and systems administration experience in HR/Recruiting technology to include ATS, CRM, and beyond.
- Experience with Greenhouse and Workday is preferred, but not required.
- Experience owning and leading systems and technology implementations at a large scale while building a scalable data infrastructure and maintaining data integrity.
- Knowledge of Recruiter best practices and ability to influence, implement, and report on change adoption.
- Experience building and scaling programs in a high-growth, rapidly adapting environment
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, working autonomously, and navigate ambiguity with ease
- Demonstrated change management experience.
- You enjoy expanding your knowledge base and are open to learning about and supporting parts of the HR organization that you may not have worked with previously.
- You love to automate systems and can guide your peers how to streamline their workflows.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.