Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity:
Better is seeking an Enablement Manager for Leadership Development to support our rapidly-growing Enablement team. This individual will design and implement leadership development-focused learning programs targeted at managers across our mortgage team.
Our ideal candidate is highly experienced in developing leaders at all levels in management and leadership development. They are strong in strategic planning, instructional design, facilitation, coaching, and program implementation. The Enablement Manager will design and facilitate the successful launch and scale of upskilling initiatives to help our leaders at all levels of our mortgage team grow and meet key performance objectives. Our ideal candidate will embody what has remained at the forefront of our mission - taking a customer-first approach in everything that we do.
Responsibilities will Include:
As Better's Enablement Manager for Leadership Development, your responsibilities will be wide and evolving in scope. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Work with stakeholders to conduct ongoing needs assessments and design strategic learning interventions for mortgage leaders at every stage of their growth.
- Ensure all participants are trained effectively and efficiently on core management and leadership concepts tailored to the needs of our mortgage team; design and facilitate group learning experiences to engage participants and ensure lasting skills
- Support the development of an in-depth coaching program to train all managers to be strong coaches
- Provide individual coaching and development to new and experienced managers
- Effectively identify patterns and implement sustainable solutions for areas of improvement around management and leadership development as we continue to scale
- Collaborate across teams to design and launch leadership development initiatives
- Monitor training program metrics and report actionable insights to stakeholders
- 5+ years of working in Enablement, Learning and Development, Management/Leadership Coaching
- 8+ years of working in a management/leadership role
- Bonus points for experience in mortgage, financial services or a related field
- Goal-oriented problem solver that can prepare and execute action plans.
- Composure and decision-making ability in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent communication, organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to build relationships and partner efficiently with stakeholders
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.