Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As a Group Product Manager on the Real Estate team, you will play a pivotal role in driving innovation at Better. You will work closely with amazingly talented engineers, designers, data scientists and executive leaders throughout the company to perfect our real estate product. You will work to build digital experiences and tools for our real estate agent partners to strengthen relationships and ultimately grow our new purchase business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build a mobile-first digital experience for agents and their teams
- Unify and expose real estate agent data from internal and external sources
- Unify and optimize agent communications across all systems and channels
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities with consistency and transparency, while successfully knowing which projects and components of the roadmap to tackle first
- Mentor and manage PMs working in similar product / problem areas
- You’ve worked for 8-10+ years in a product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
- You’ve previously managed Product Managers or Business Analysts
- You recognize when Product processes need to be improved and can take the lead on implementing new approaches
- You have both mobile and web Product Management experience, preferably in the B2B or B2C space
- You have a deeply technical background and the ability to understand data, integrations, and platforms. You can envision how systems work together on top of complex platforms to serve multiple user groups
- You’ve provided top-quality written and in-person presentations to strategic and executive leaders. You can simplify the most complicated concepts for any audience
- You are deeply user-centered and highly empathetic. You have an intuitive understanding of what makes a good user experience, can quickly recognize problematic experiences, and work collaboratively with design partners to manifest those principles into product solutions
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.