Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Writing at Better
Good writing is core to our company. Other places use big words and clunky sentences to make mortgages seem complicated. Writers here do the opposite. We distill complex information into its simplest form. We communicate things clearly to help people with different backgrounds all feel empowered. We make mortgages make sense.
What you’ll do as a Lead Copywriter, Content
- Build out the Better editorial offering with long-form writing to go in our Learning Center
- Make sense of complexity with conversational writing that aligns with strategic objectives
- Work with SEO experts to engage audiences at stages of the homeownership journey
- Respond to feedback provided by internal department leads and external stakeholders
- Educate readers on their long and sometimes complicated path toward homeownership
What we’re looking for in a Lead Copywriter, Content
In this role, you’ll partner closely with content strategy to produce expert-driven commentary that lives across the Better digital ecosystem. Ideally, you’re the kind of person who can dive head-first into a complicated topic and come out on the other side with a well-rounded point of view that you can articulate to others.
- You have at least 5 years copywriting experience
- You have a portfolio that shows a rich, creative spectrum of copywriting work
- You can identify content pieces that will support your clients’ marketing goals
- You can take complex information and reframe it in a way that anyone can understand
- You are at least somewhat familiar with the world of finance (or you're down to learn)
- You are empathetic by nature and work well with others
- You’re an expert in Google Workspace (bonus if you know your way around Figma)
- You’re a self-motivated individual who doesn't wait to be told what to do
- You take criticism in your stride and know when to stand up for your ideas
- You die a little inside when you see that someone left out an Oxford comma
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.