Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our Accounting and Finance team is hiring for a proactive and motivated Accounting Analyst. This individual will enhance the accounting and control environment by being on-the-ground to learn and account for changes with a financial statement impact or accounting policy impact. The focus will be on organizing and maintaining the Chart of Accounts and working seamlessly across various departments to understand the story of the company through the numbers. They will be a true generalist and should be prepared to work on various ad-hoc accounting projects. This role offers the unique opportunity to directly impact Better’s revenue streams and expense items by applying finance and accounting related findings to our books and financial models. An instrumental hire as the company continues to scale, this individual will be expected to take on more responsibility at a rapid pace.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in month end closing by taking ownership of certain tasks
- Collaborate with team members to provide useful and necessary financial reports
- Create Journal Entries in the GL along with excellent supporting schedules during the month related to daily activities and month end close
- Listen to, learn form, and partner with members of various departments to accurately present our financial story
- Aid in integrations between our ERP and additional software tools to modernize and scale the business
- Educate non-accounting coworkers regarding financial practices, implications, and policies
- Provide ad hoc analysis support to business leaders and key partners for complex accounting questions
- Degree in accounting, business or finance
- 1+ years of experience in accounting firm or related field
- Adaptable to multiple and frequent changes in business environment
- Proven expertise with Excel (combining large data sets, sumifs, index/match, vlookups, etc); familiarity with SQL a plus
- Experience working with Netsuite and Gsuite a plus
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Constantly looking to improve on processes; never satisfied with the status quo
- Stakeholder management skills
- Willingness and eagerness to be an information sponge, with keen attention to detail
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.