Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Better Marketing team is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager with a strong background in product marketing and project management, who also has experience working for or with real estate agents. Working parallel to Product Managers, you will collaborate with our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams in all aspects of strategy, messaging, positioning, storytelling, go-to-market execution, and analysis. You will be responsible for not only bringing real estate agents in through top of the funnel advertising channels, but partnering strategically with the rest of the org to make sure that the real estate agent has a positive experience working with Better to help their client buy a home, and walk away a brand advocate.
This person will be part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment and will interact with people of all levels across departments, including direct collaboration with the Director of Marketing around campaigns for the audience they own. They’ll have the know-how to exercise discretion and professionalism while paying close attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include:
- Launch an agent marketing program intended to help market our Better Real Estate agents to their clients and future clients
- Lead the go-to-market strategy to drive awareness of new products and features that make the home financing process better for our shared clients.
- Conduct research on the market, competition and customers to identify trends, pain points, and opportunities for growth. Have a strong baseline understanding of why we win or lose real estate agents and their clients.
- Leverage research-driven insights to inform Product and Marketing roadmaps, and formulate key messaging and positioning to attract and convert customers
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Work with respective channel owners to define, manage, and activate all of the necessary components to bring a campaign or launch to market, including paid, social, SEO, content, email, web, and PR.
- Be the expert on the end-to-end customer journey to ensure a consistent and positive experience at every stage. Work alongside the product managers and marketing team to identify other relevant engagement and activation points to drive conversion.
- 2-5 years in a product marketing manager role
- 2+ years working in real estate industry
- Obsessive about customers’ needs and wants and passionate about meeting those needs through creative storytelling and strategic go to market approach.
- You have a successful track record of researching target markets, defining messaging, and executing product launch plans.
- Experience leading strategy for integrated marketing campaigns across paid, social, SEO, content, email, web, and PR.
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced, constantly-changing environments. The product marketing team is a relatively new org at a rapidly-growing company. We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable, and ideally excited by, evolution in role scope and responsibilities.
- You have big ideas and you get results!
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.