Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Strategic Sourcing Manager, Technology
Better is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager, Technology to join its growing Finance and Accounting team. Reporting to the Director of Procurement, this role will be responsible for developing commodity sourcing strategies across technology categories, building relationships with both internal customers and suppliers and driving value through cost savings and optimization. As Sourcing Manager, you will be encouraged to work with internal business partners to negotiate large, critical and complex deals with our technology suppliers, ranging from the initial make-versus-buy decision through negotiating and executing the contract.
- Cultivate partnership across functions including IT, Engineering, Product, Finance, Legal and Accounting to broaden scope and impact of procurement services
- Develop category strategies that align with business needs to drive value for the organization
- Build annual sourcing plan that helps to identify and pursue new sourcing opportunities
- Use negotiation strategies including but not limited to RFx, sole source negotiations, contract renewals, reverse auctions to improve value
- Drive sourcing decisions based on TCO, scenario analysis, and market trends
- Negotiate commercial terms with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service, and quality
- Help implement procurement discipline across the company and be seen as a key finance business partner
- Bachelors or advanced degree in information systems, accounting, internal audit, finance, business, economics or other related field
- Proven expertise in strategic sourcing experience with an emphasis on all technology categories
- Experience with contract, service agreement and software license management
- Knowledge of a broad range of technologies, purchasing channels, contracts, negotiation techniques, sourcing process, partner management, and supplier relationship management
- Experience with quantitative analysis (financial or price modeling)
- Experience working through tough situations with suppliers
- You fully own your work scope, clear blockers, and balance priorities successfully without requiring excessive direction.
- You continuously pursue and share knowledge, provide help to others, and define clear and measurable goals to increase individual and team contribution. You exhibit an innate desire for continuous growth and improvement
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.