Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to help us manage our growing teams and workload. This individual will be reporting to the Lead Project Manager. The responsibilities of the Senior Technical Project Manager include managing all projects for the IT Infrastructure team. This individual will work closely with our Networking, Security, SAAS, and Support teams. The ideal candidate will provide project-based reporting, manage sprints, and communicate project updates to leadership. We are looking for a forward-thinking, pragmatic leader who is detail oriented and has the ability to manage individual team members to ensure projects get completed within a timely manner and project budget.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Infrastructure team to define, prioritize, and develop project roadmaps.
- Project management planning: setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, assigning team members to various deliverables, etc.
- Analyzing project risks and resource allocation.
- Providing reports to management on project status and risks.
- Overseeing the development of projects and ensuring team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently and meeting deadlines while upholding the company's standard.
- Accurately documenting the project's creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project's scope, budget, and justification.
- Managing large cross-functional infrastructure team projects.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Master Project Manager (MPM) Certification
- A Minimum of 10 years experience in the IT Infrastructure industry
- A minimum of five years experience as a technical PM.
- Strong technical capabilities.
- Prior IT engineering experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities.
- Excellent organizational and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong technical capabilities.
- Close involvement with local technical communities.
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients.
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems.
- Self-directed professional.
- Continued learning and technical excellence.
- Strong cross-functional relationship rostering.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Services, SAAS Services, AD Services, VMware Services, Active Directory Services, and Microsoft services.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.