Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
We're looking for an Art Director of Performance Marketing with experience across performance/growth marketing and advertising, design, and multimedia. From initial project planning to final build, you will both create and partner with leaders and individual contributors from Creative, Marketing, and Brand to help shape the creative vision and ensure it's executed with thought and high level craft, while moving at the speed of performance marketing, shaping the future of design at Better.
In particular you will:
- Create innovative, and compelling narratives, and campaigns that drive the business and brand forward
- You have a passion to find new ways to reach audiences harnessing the power of modern production approaches
- You are responsible for developing original creative design concepts, within brand guidelines, and overseeing multiple projects through execution, while working with copywriting partners and, also, alongside motion designers, with a lens of performance marketing
- You will contribute to the development of digital and marketing strategies, drive the collaborative efforts of the project’s creative, and inspire teammates on all levels to exceed expectations
- A strong design portfolio containing examples of display ads, emails, and web design.
- At least five years of experience in graphic design and at least two years in an art direction role.
- A four-year degree in art, design, or related field, or similar experience in your career
- A passion for piercing ideas and a true love of collaboration
- You have big ideas and you get results
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong point of view with the written and verbal communication skills to back it up
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced environments
- Ability to create and direct high quality campaigns
- Experience managing and leading various creative campaigns in parallel
- Ability to lead and influence without being a direct manager
- A strong understanding of how creativity can achieve business objectives while still meeting brand standards for aesthetic and communication quality
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.