Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As a Senior Technical Product Manager on the Search team, you will bring your deep technical expertise to our team, to work closely with amazingly talented engineers, designers, and data scientists to imagine and build a best-in-class search platform & experience for our customers. This role will be crucial in helping to grow our purchase business and craft a seamless, more accessible home buying process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help the Product team to build a search platform that will power and allow our various businesses to scale
- Craft a tailored search experience through recommendations, insights, and highly relevant, & personalized search results
- Define team-level KPIs and objectives
- Define the roadmap for the Property Search Platform team through deep research and understanding of business goals, with a focus on internal/external tools to improve performance, quality, delivery, and observability
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- Collaborate well with partners throughout the company to ensure feature adoption and success
- You’ve worked for 5-8 years in a product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
- You have deep knowledge of platform technologies
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You have a history of listening to users, understanding their needs and creating improvements to meet those needs
- You learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
- You’re committed to collaboration and you are able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- You ideally have a CS degree, a background as a Software Engineer, or you have a deep understanding of technical foundations and can deftly communicate with engineers
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
- Bonus: You have worked on a search platform or product previously
- Bonus: You have deep subject matter expertise in the Real Estate Technology industry
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.