Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As Director of People Data & Analytics, you will build our People Analytics function from the ground up. We are looking for a leader who will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to create and deploy effective strategies in support of the People Analytics discipline across HR and Recruiting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build People Analytics function from the ground up including: designing and implementing people analytics strategy, partnering with Data team to build back end infrastructure in Data Lake, create and maintain the infrastructure for self-service reporting, dashboards and analytics
- Drive adoption of tools to aid people team in understanding patterns and connections within human capital data across functional disciplines to influence business outcomes
- Identify baseline metrics for the design and development of accurate dashboards, reports, presentations used to educate, inform, and influence business decisions, thought leadership and support strategic objectives of the organization
- Builds predictive models on topics like Attrition, Quality of Hire, High Performance Modeling, Pay Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Project management of large projects spanning multiple domains such as workforce planning/modeling, technology implementation and change management
- Familiarity with using People and/or Business data to connect the dots and generate meaningful insights for decision making
- Experience in generating meaningful dashboards, analytics reports, generating meaningful insights and discussing it with business stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in data visualization; able to translate research findings for general business audience
- Experience building, managing and scaling teams and partnering with senior level stakeholders
- Comfort operating in ambiguous situations within a high growth environment
- Demonstrated learning agility, curiosity of data and information, and successful root cause analysis
- Customer orientation with consultative skills-identifying needs and defining solutions
- Familiarity with statistical tools (e.g., SAS, R) for hypothesis testing and data mining analyses (e.g., multivariate regression and categorical, factor analysis, survival analysis)
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Masters or MBA Preferred
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.