Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us to reinvent the mortgage process, and build a world where customers can receive an affordable mortgage in days vs. weeks. Be part of the team that is building the core operating muscle and brain that powers the entire lifecycle from pre-application affordability to decisioning. This Product leader will be at the forefront of re-thinking and reinventing this journey.
You'll own the Credit Decisioning team, one of the most strategic areas of the business. This team focuses on a critical piece of the mortgage process, verifying income, assets and credit for our borrowers. You will work to build a sophisticated credit decisioning process that is faster, more consumer focused and more accurate than anything else on the market. You will work to save our customers time, allow machines to read financial documents accurately, and maximize consumer financial graphs to power ‘better’ personal experiences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with and lead cross functional teams to set product vision and strategy
- Define and socialize the roadmap of your product area through deep research and understanding of business goals
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product lifecycle: business case development, problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and go to market
- Build products that empower our sales, operations, capital markets teams to make better decisions and add delight to our user experience
- Make magic out of a sophisticated and antiquated industry through intense focus on simplification
- Go deep into both technical huddles with engineering leaders and strategic discussions with executives
- Be the go to product person for senior leadership when they need advice
- Identify and measure ground-breaking areas for the company and drive the execution across teams
- Manage and mentor PMs working on similar problems
- Worked for 10-12+ years in a product management capacity at a technology driven organization
- An analytical, metrics driven leader who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- Managed teams of 5-6 PMs for 3+ years
- Committed to collaboration and are able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- Your instincts enable you to read between the lines and extrapolate ideas which turn into solutions
- You're not afraid of getting into the weeds and are equally comfortable balancing tactical and strategic investments
- You have the mental resilience to know that we're just at the start of a long journey in which change is constant
- You challenge archaic processes to make them better for consumers by removing friction (aka you live to make sophisticated things simple)
- You’re a systems problem solver with an understanding that spans all levels of abstraction
- You are comfortable in a constantly evolving environment and are passionate about successfully navigating ambiguous problem areas
- Bonus: Worked on sophisticated workflow based products, distributed supply chains, marketplace platforms, pricing engines, algorithmic bidding platforms, capital markets products
- Bonus: Carry a computer science, engineering, operations research, or equivalent technical background
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.