Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a VoIP Engineer to support our rapid growth. This person will report to and work strategically with the IT SaaS Manager and Global Head of IT. They will help Better to build and support a best in class call center, and take ownership of all VoIP projects. The ideal candidate is a technical person who can balance day-to-day operations and larger project work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being the subject matter expert for all things VoIP
- Supporting TalkDesk and Twilio
- Supporting SMS ingestion for borrower communications
- Providing insight on how we can improve our current WFH experience
- Managing relationships with 3rd party vendors
- Working with our Infrastructure and Networking teams to monitor and improve call quality
- Developing training programs and writing documentation.
- Serving as an escalation point for our IT Support team
- Working closely with our internal engineering teams
- Forming relationships with stakeholders throughout the company to improve and maintain the VoIP systems they rely on daily.
- 5 - 10 Years Experience managing a contact center
- Experience supporting thousands of users on softphones
- Have worked in other high growth environments
- Proficient in TalkDesk, Twilio, or an equivalent cloud PBX system
- Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets, Firewalls)
- Preference for those who have helped with user provisioning and automation
- Able to write and maintain documentation
- Preference for those who have worked with global IT teams in the past
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.