Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer who’s ready to help us improve our customer experience by building functional systems that bring our business to new heights. You’ll need to have strong experience in AWS, because you’ll be creating terraform templates to build AWS services to support custom applications which means you’ll need have PowerShell, python, and bash experience. As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll also be working in conjunction with like-minded departments such as software engineering to deploy these new products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes, and systems. It’ll help for you to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver because you’ll also be helping us to streamline our processes—and automating them where applicable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting, and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Strong experience with Windows-based infrastructure and Windows administration.
- Strong experience with databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL
- Experience with Azure is a plus.
- Experience working with REST Api's.
- Experience working with Github.
- Experience with AWS RDS.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile and Jira.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet and Terraform for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than 3 years of experience in a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.