Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
We're looking for a design leader with experience across advertising, design, and multimedia. Someone to manage, run, and direct a team of copywriters, designers, and art directors. From initial project planning to final build, you will partner with leaders from Design, Product, Marketing, and Brand to shape the creative vision and ensure it's executed correctly.
When not managing day-to-day projects, you will play a key role in hiring and mentoring individual designers, as well as shaping the future of design at Better.
In particular you will:
- Drive and own day-to-day creative direction and oversight for a team of copywriters, designers, and art directors
- Establish project cadences, review timelines, and a design process that works for both your designers and your stakeholders
- Provide mentorship and career guidance to a handful of direct reports
- Ensure work is delivered on brand and on time
- Delegate to and work closely with Lead Copywriters and Lead Designers to set creative direction
- Build out a team of designers, copywriters, and art directors who adhere to our brand standards and high bar for quality
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Brand, and other departments to create roadmaps, define OKRs, and understand key metric
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Brand, and other departments to set overall strategic approach and future initiatives planning as well as partner on brief creation
- Represent the design in executive-level meetings and present work to Better's most senior stakeholders
- Manage, triage, and prioritize stakeholder reviews
- 10+ years of experience in advertising, marketing, agency, or tech company
- 4+ years of experience with direct reports
- Direct and to the point
- You have big ideas and you get results
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong point of view with the written and verbal communication skills to back it up
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced, constantly-changing environments
- Ability to create and direct high quality campaigns
- Experience managing and leading various creative campaigns in parallel
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members
- A strong understanding of how creativity can achieve business objectives while still meeting brand standards for aesthetic and communication quality
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.