Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Financial Products team consists of Funding and Debt/Financing Products, and has led the company expansion into strategic revenue generating initiatives, such as our Title and Homeowners Insurance offerings. The team has broad perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making.
As a Funding Analyst, you will collaborate with your Financial Products peers, as well as cross functional mortgage operations partners, to ensure our loans are funded efficiently and securely every day. You will also support by representing the company externally, coordinating with warehouse operations staff to ensure timely and accurate disbursements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a daily pipeline of funding requests, spotting errors and collaborating with internal and external partners to resolve them.
- Contributing to the evolution of our funding process by discovering and addressing any existing inefficiencies, whether by tapping into programming tools such as SQL or Python, or through an entirely new solution not yet used by the Funding team.
- Developing metrics and reporting for the Director of Financial Products and other team leadership.
- Taking on other ad hoc initiatives and projects.
- You have 0-1 year of prior funding, or transferable (i.e. finance, accounting, treasury, or equivalent military) experience.
- You are proficient in Excel.
- You are meticulous with strong attention to detail.
- You excel in a high pressure environment.
- You are data driven and take a practical approach to problem solving.
- You are a consumer advocate. Each of our loans helps someone realize their dream of homeownership!
Bonus points for:
- Experience with SQL and/or Python.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.