Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Director, Brand Experience
Better’s Brand Design team is a cross-disciplinary internal creative team, comprising designers, copywriters, and creative directors across all disciplines. The team is responsible for stewarding our visual & verbal brand globally and creating memorable experiences for our community, employees, and those just discovering our mission at Better. While we sit alongside brand and marketing teams, we are also closely connected to every department in the company and partner with them to develop concrete, creative solutions to sometimes ambiguous problems.
We are building a world-class creative team within Better, and we’re looking for a leader to ensure the proper balance between awe-inspiring creativity; structured processes; thoughtful strategy, and organizational accountability as we grow. The Director is a new role that will lead planning, strategy, and operations for the Brand direction at Better. This individual will also be responsible for managing individuals on the team as well as outside partner relationships.
The primary responsibility of the Director is to clarify the vision and goals for the Brand and lead the team in executing that vision through strategic direction, allocation of resources, implementation of tools and processes, and fiscal management. This includes playing an important role in continued research, the development of creative work and individuals on the team.
This is a leadership position that requires strong mentorship, management, and communication skills, as well as a humble ambition to develop Better into the most user-centered brand on earth.
The Director will be the steward of creative work and the culture of our team. This individual will represent the needs and values of the team to all partners and vendors, whether internal or external. The ideal Director candidate will be collaborative in approach, empathetic in nature, and steadfast in intention. This role will largely be responsible for helping translate Brand needs into business values and drivers, and helping educate senior management on how to evaluate these costs/benefits.
Successful candidates exhibit not only advanced ability to shepherd great work but also nimble and efficient processes. They thrive on delivering excellence despite evolving constraints. And they have the ability to employ unconventional tactics while leading a team towards sustainable solutions. A track record that demonstrates considerable impact on the world’s most creative, innovative, and design-driven brands is a must. Most importantly, they possess an uncanny ability to see far into the future.
- Mentor and lead a team through personal and professional development initiatives.
- Build the world’s best design team by attracting and recruiting world-class talent.
- Help define a long-term vision and team goals, build a plan for realization, and unite the team around that vision and plan.
- Lead strategy on a project-specific basis, as well as high-level strategy, in collaboration with other marketing and brand leaders.
- Implement and refine tools, systems, and processes that help establish Better as the most creative company on earth.
- Collaborate with internal teams and manage external partners and vendors to ensure successful solutions, efficient processes, and strong and enduring relationships.
- Ensure fiscal accountability for all work produced in-house. Build budgets, establish workflows, and oversee planning and reporting across the team.
- Oversee documentation of work, asset management, and organizational tactics with an eye towards the future.
- 12+ years of experience in branding, advertising, marketing, agency, or tech company
- Experience working within a global brand + product creative team or in close partnership with a creative team within a global brand.
- Proven track record of successful team building and management.
- Proven track record establishing goals and helping lead a team to meet those goals.
- Portfolio of past projects that exhibit an understanding of a range of creative work such as graphics, video, product, and photography.
- Demonstrates excellence in understanding design and innovation
- Business acumen. Experience working closely with Finance, Marketing and Legal teams on planning, forecasting, budgeting, and contracts.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.