Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who’s ready to help us improve our customer experience by building functional systems that bring our business to new heights. You’ll need to have strong experience in VMware, Active directory, Azure, and AWS because you will be supporting systems and services across different technologies. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll also be working with other engineers to support and improve our infrastructure, associated processes, and systems. It will be required for you to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver because you’ll be working with the team to streamline our processes—as well as working with our automation team where applicable to automate our processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manage assigned projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
- Implementation of technologies and platforms supporting core infrastructure that supports day to day operations.
- Managing VMware, Active Directory, SolarWinds, Puppet, SCCM, Hyper V, Azure, AWS, and other core infrastructure technologies.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Build out solutions when there is no immediate native solution handy.
- Package and maintain software catalog.
- Lead junior engineers through deployments, technical escalations, procedures and project tasks.
- Engage and manage relationship(s) with Apple-Mac aligned 3rd party vendors.
- Responsible for creation of metrics and dashboards related to Apple/Mac infrastructure.
- Engage with IT leadership to ensure our efforts in our environments appropriately align with security objectives and standards.
- Enforce best practices of office IT security
- Create operational documentation for various systems
- 5 - 10 Years of IT Experience
- Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets, Firewalls)
- Experience in regulated industries is a plus.
- Solid scripting /automation skills required.
- Strong experience with Windows-based infrastructure and Windows administration.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Strong experience with VMware and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of programming languages such PowerShell, and Bash.
- Knowledge of storage arrays such as Dell unity, NetApp, and EMC.
- Experience with Azure is a plus.
- Experience working with Github.
- Experience with databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile and Jira.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet and Terraform for automation and configuration is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Infrastructure Engineer role.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.