Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better.com is looking for a Secondary Market Analyst to join the Capital Markets team. In this role, you will develop the company's execution strategy for whole loans, mortgage servicing rights, and securitized pools, and be responsible for a pipeline of over $3 billion of loans and hedges.
Responsibilities will include:
- Influence executive decision making by being the source of market color for the company.
- Function as the primary point of contact for trading desks of the largest mortgage buyers and institutional investors.
- Partner cross-functionally with our Engineering, Product, Sales and Marketing teams to drive strategy and optimize tactics as it relates to capital markets.
- Manage our pricing model to improve company revenue.
- Quickly and efficiently navigate data to help successfully seek department and firm-wide initiatives.
- Learn the firm’s hedge analytics platform and become proficient at analyzing reports and understanding various valuation methods.
- Generate daily rate sheets and communicate changes in pricing to primary markets team and sales managers.
- Manage execution of loan sales, minimum 2 times per week.
- Analyze final bid tape execution results to determine trends and anomalies in investors’ pricing and develop actionable strategies for the secondary team to pursue.
- Manage pipeline activity, including high balance deliveries and front-end pricing, daily reconciliation of new locks, and mandatory vs. best efforts execution.
- Manage onboarding process for new investors and broker/dealers, engaging with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Perform Ad hoc SQL requests
- 2-3 years of mortgage-related experience, either at an originator or an investment bank S&T program
- Knowledge of whole loan/MBS markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL; Python a plus
- Proactive and tackles every project with hustle and a strategic eye
- Strong communication skills
- Highly analytical and quantitative
- Careful attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Time management and ability to self-manage project completion amidst frequent interruptions by market-driven or time sensitive tasks
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.