Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding $1 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $9 billion in loans and $1 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is seeking a Compliance Associate with mortgage industry experience to join our quickly growing Legal and Compliance team. As our company continues to expand and increase headcount, this individual will assist the Corporate Support Pillar Head in building out the company’s compliance training program and ensuring our employees are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to make the homeownership experience better for our customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with internal and external partners to ensure successful compliance programming.
- Providing expert LMS support and assistance to internal consumers.
- Monitoring key metrics of the training program and generating reports for business partners, company stakeholders, and senior management.
- Working cross-functionally to achieve the company’s compliance training goals.
- Developing a working knowledge of regulatory and legislative compliance requirements and adapting as the industry evolves.
- Assisting with the creation of customized educational content covering issues applicable to the mortgage industry and homeownership at large.
- 2-3+ years of mortgage origination experience in compliance or underwriting
- Knowledge of state and federal mortgage industry regulations
- Goal-oriented thinker that can prepare and execute action plans
- Experience generating reports and analysing data to monitor results
- Composure and decision-making ability in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Excellent communication, organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.