Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding $1 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $9 billion in loans and $1 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for an enthusiastic, strategic, and driven Senior Manager to oversee our comprehensive Onboarding program for our rapidly scaling Sales and Mortgage Operations team. This is a multifaceted leadership role with a substantial runway.
This position is focused on both building and executing, with various opportunities for collaboration with stakeholders within multiple facets of the business. We’re in hyper-growth mode, which means we need someone with passion, drive, and bias for action. This position requires subject matter expertise in the areas of people management, culture leadership, and adult learning, as well as the ability to think creatively and reimagine what’s possible for the new hire experience. Most importantly, someone who cares deeply about people and their success in the workplace.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directly oversee and manage the Onboarding programs for Better’s Sales and Mortgage Operations functions.
- Support Onboarding program managers to ensure the execution of excellent onboarding across all departments.
- Ensure new hires are integrated effectively and efficiently into Better’s mission-critical roles; devise innovative solutions to decrease ramp time and facilitate a great new hire experience.
- Oversee all content development, facilitation, and culture strategies.
- Analyze productivity and employee engagement data; effectively identify patterns and implement solutions for areas of improvement.
- You have 5+ years in Learning and Development, People Operations, or a related field.
- You have built and or/executed multi-faceted onboarding programs in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience using a strategic lens to analyze program effectiveness and create/implement interventions to bolster results.
- You are knowledgeable about best practices in people management, culture strategy, leadership development, and/or adult learning.
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- You build strong relationships and partner effectively with stakeholders.
- You anticipate others’ needs and build trust.
- You are extremely organized and pay attention to detail.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.