Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Regional Processing Manager to join our new team in Oakland, Ca. This person will be responsible for overseeing the West Coast Processing organization in Oakland, reporting up into the Director of Processing. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, Oakland, Orange County, Gurgaon, and Charlotte, we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people.
In joining our Oakland team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performance Management: Gather and discuss monthly key performance indicators (KPIs), address performance issues with managers, support personnel promotions and changes
- Daily Production: Drive daily production including monitoring bottlenecks and reporting to Director of Processing on daily progress as it relates to production targets
- People Management: Oversee and drive team metrics with front line managers and manage all resource planning activities and allocation.
- Escalations: Handle all regional borrower escalations and customer concessions that surpass Processing Managers
- Strategic initiatives: Provide feedback on Product enhancements, distribute and monitor audits, gather feedback and report to Director of Processing; collaborate cross-functionally on escalations, training and shadowing programs
- Recruiting: Serve as a hiring manager for West Coast Processing team (Focus is manager and TL vs IC level)
- Onboarding of new managers and TL’s - direct and take an active role in this
- 5-7+ years of experience processing (or underwriting) residential mortgages
- 3-5+ years of experience managing within a mortgage operations team
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU)
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.