Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a leader to join our operations team in Irvine. The operations teams at Better are a multifaceted function - both consumer-facing and operationally-driven. Our operations associates serve as a point of contact to our borrowers, ensuring a best-in-class customer experience. They also are responsible for effectively managing customer operations and loan logistics to ensure that mortgage processing is moving forward.
As a supervisor on our operations team, you will operate in a hybrid role. You will be responsible for managing an individual pipeline of customers as well a team of junior operations associates. Our ideal candidate is a highly organized communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage, coach and develop a team of operations associates
- Manage daily cadence as our product continues to evolve; drive team objectives and KPIs throughout production cycles
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to support professional development amongst team members
- Serve as the first line of defense to diffuse customer escalations to management
- Support operations team on thorough secondary analysis of applicant's income and expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, and property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan.
- Verify and analyze all necessary financial information and documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit and legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions.
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness.
- 2-4+ years of experience in a customer-facing role within mortgage, financial services, insurance, banking or fintech. Previous direct mortgage experience is preferable, but is not required
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of agency conventional, purchase, refinance, and jumbo underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU)
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.