Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for strategic and bias-to-action minded leaders to work with our Operations Strategy team. This role will help identify, design and execute key strategies to improve the way we serve customers and increase efficiencies as we continue to scale our existing and new product offerings. The right person for this role has a bias for action, can successfully manage conflict, communicate across different levels of the organization and manage cross-functional stakeholders to drive change. As we grow, this individual will be instrumental to move the organization towards operational excellence, instilling a customer-centric mindset
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop strategic roadmap to drive execution of key initiatives to improve Better’s performance
- Drive alignment across key business functions to prioritize and develop actionable roadmaps
- Identify, prioritize, and own execution of opportunities, end to end, to drive operational efficiency and better customer experience
- Provide functional support to drive continuous improvement across the operation
- Ensure key results are well defined and clearly communicated with relevant stakeholders
- Lead the communication and change management strategy through execution of strategic initiatives
- Support other business priorities as needed
Bonus points for:
- Experience leading large scale transformations
- You are a strong performer with at least 6+ years of experience in management consulting at a top-tier firm, and in-house experience in an operations leadership role in a high growth environment. Your management consulting experience should include at least 1 year spent as a Project Manager.
- You’ve worked previously with a high-growth company, and have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- You have a bias for action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- You have an analytical mindset able to draw insights from large sets of data
- You are an excellent communicator and are comfortable collaborating with people with various backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- You are highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
- You have a strong ownership and leadership mindset, able to adapt and thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.