Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #13 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life. Better.com is looking for a Senior Product Manager with deep technical expertise for the Partnerships Team. You will work closely with amazingly talented engineers, designers, data scientists and others throughout the company. Your role will be the glue that holds that cross-functional effort together from start to finish. Straddling the line between high-level approach and hands-on execution, you are well versed in product and business strategy; capable of communicating deftly about technical topics; and passionate about building out platforms to benefit both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help the Partnerships team to build a platform that allows our partnerships business to scale
- Help the Partnerships team build an external-facing platform to seamlessly onboard new partners in a self-service manner
- Define team-level KPIs and objectives
- Work collaboratively across Better to improve speed to launch new partnerships
- Define the roadmap of the Partnerships Platform team through deep research and understanding of business goals, with a focus on internal/external tools to improve performance, quality, delivery, and observability
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- Collaborate well with partners throughout the company to ensure feature adoption and success
- You’ve worked for 5-8 years in a product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
- You have deep knowledge of UI technologies, CMS a plus
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You have a history of listening to users, understanding their needs and creating improvements to meet those needs
- You learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
- You’re committed to collaboration and you are able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- You ideally have a CS degree, a background as a Software Engineer, or you have a deep understanding of technical foundations and can deftly communicate with engineers
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.