Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is seeking an Appraisal Coordinator to join our fast growing team. The Appraisal Coordinator will place appraisal orders and track down status updates from the direct engagement panel of appraisers. This person will provide transparency to the Valuation Team as to where appraisal orders are in the pipeline. Additionally, the Appraisal Coordinator will assist in the management of the panel of appraisers. This includes vetting, account setup, account maintenance, and general upkeep of the database. Beyond producing high-quality appraisals and managing priorities, our goal is to build a process that will streamline the process and ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring appraisal orders to ensure compliant fulfillment and delivery
- Selecting the most appropriate appraiser for an assignment
- Requesting and monitoring quotes on complex appraisal assignments
- Providing status updates to key stakeholders on appraisal orders in process
- Addressing basic appraiser queries and identifying escalations for response
- You have 1-5 years of prior Appraisal Coordinator experience from a mortgage lender or AMC (appraisal management company) environment
- You are skilled at offering assistance in the form of clear and proactive communication
- You have the ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- You have a high degree of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.