Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
We’re searching for an Analyst to join our Acquisitions team, focused specifically on one of our key acquisition channels: rate tables. We have strong capital markets and tech advantages, and are working on evolving our digital product and customer experiences. To drive our goals of capturing massive market share, our acquisition team is responsible for negotiating and managing our media spend with hawkish attention to performance. We call this role a trader because media dollars and time spent negotiating are your investments, your bids are the rates we offer, and our loan revenues are your returns.
You are obsessive about performance, evaluating performance using data, and passionate about getting things done in concert with other groups, including data, creative, finance, and strategy. You view demand aggregators such as price comparison websites (“rate tables”) as investment opportunities to be valued, leveraged and used to form an optimal portfolio of customer acquisition. You get that Better.com is the best solution for the end customer and you will fight with every tool you have to win for us and them.
Together, we can shape the future of homeownership in America. It will be a fierce battle, but it will be rewarding.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze performance data at the loan- and scenario- level to identify optimizations
- Execute trades through pricing engines
- Suggest or make real-time adjustments to bids and loan pricing to optimize volume and ROI
- Monitor lead quality and conversion to funded units - build out and maintain internal performance dashboards
- Help in testing and evaluating the integrity of competitive environments on rate tables
- Field requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with Better product, engineering, and data science teams to scope out and implement near and long-term opportunities for further automation
You want to win. You are someone who loves finding opportunities that others miss. You can separate the signal from the noise, and approach things with a fresh perspective and an open mind. You won't stop until you find a Better way.
- 1+ years in trading or finance roles that required constant evaluation of new opportunities, with a desire to apply your skills to a new marketplace
- Strong analytical foundation - SQL or coding skills (Python a plus) working with large databases that allow you to get your hands dirty drive trades and PnL
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where business needs change and constantly bringing ideas to the table
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience in mortgages or leads-buying
- Experience in fintech or other (regulated) environments
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.