We’re one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better Real Estate (BRE) simplifies the home buying journey for customers by matching them with top performing real estate agents and providing ongoing guidance throughout their home search phase, queing up a seamless loan process. The real estate agent is an important partner for the borrower, and BRE makes sure that every borrower is paired with an agent who's approach aligns with that borrower's needs.
Customers interested in our real estate offering have grown 10X since January 2019. The Director, Strategy & Operations will play a critical role in managing BRE's scaling process by contributing to and taking ownership of a variety of initiatives. As an early member of this business, this hire will be deeply involved in shaping the strategy and operations for our real estate offering. This individual will act as a thought partner to the GM of Better Real Estate on strategic planning and execution across a variety of matters. This hire can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Monitor our external environment (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) and derive implications for the business
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business functions, including sales, operations, marketing and product strategy
- Lead end-to-end execution on major real estate initiatives (past examples include: implementing nationwide real estate agent distribution network; building out first-of-its-kind customer and agent outreach team; designing ulti-channel customer outreach strategy)
- Manage a team of 2-5 generalists on the strategy and operations team
- You are a strong performer with at least 6+ years of experience in management consulting at a top-tier firm, and in-house experience in an operations role. Your management consulting experience should include at least 1 year spent as an Engagement Manager.
- You are action oriented, and bring a strong sense of practicality to your execution approach.
- You have robust skills in data analysis (SQL experience strongly preferred) + modeling, as well slide writing + presentation
- You’ve worked previously with a high-growth company, and have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- You are an excellent communicator and are comfortable collaborating with people with various backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- You are highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
At Better, we are committed to embracing and fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We celebrate the unique perspectives that each person brings, and know that a diverse workforce is essential for individual and collective success. Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.