We’re one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a self driven person to help us build, maintain, and oversee our IT function. This person will work strategically with our head of IT & various team managers to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, technical person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide escalation support for the IT team & support to end users across the organization. This person should be comfortable multi-tasking, able to maintain high attention to detail, and be resourceful as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support OS X and Windows users (e.g. software installs and VPN troubleshooting)
- Provision, manage, and repair of employee's laptops
- Enforce best practices of office IT security
- Provision and support of VOIP telephony and telepresence equipment
- Support wired and wireless networks
- Create documentation for frequently asked questions
- Asset management and procurement
- Escalate to L2/L3 appropriately
- Respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation, resolution,
and follow-up steps; Provide level 1 remote desktop support and perform other activities based on SOPs
- Perform user account management activities
Escalate complex problem to appropriate support specialists
- Responsible for activities relating to the evaluation, analysis, and setup of PC-based software products
- Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity problems
Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
- May train users and operators on a limited basis and/or may write training procedures
- Participate in on-going training and departmental development
- Routine maintenance updates with other IT staff and business units
- Create all required documentation including standards, configurations and diagrams
- 1-2 Years Experience
- Familiar with Active Directory
- Basic networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP) required.
- Preference for those who have worked for regulated companies
- Fluent in English (Orally & Written)
- Familiar with Help Desk ticketing systems
- Preference for those who have worked with overseas IT offices in the past
- Experience with Saas management
Bonus Points for:
- Understanding of working in a cross-platform (Windows and macOS) environment.
- Office 365 experience a plus.
- Okta / Jumpcloud experience a plus.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.