We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity
As the Assistant Controller, you will be the go-to person for continuing to create and fortify our various internal policies, procedures and control environment. This person will also help build, update, centralize and maintain all of the relevant financial and accounting policies and will implement and integrate tools that will be utilized by the Finance and Accounting teams and all other departments/verticals.
- Design and implement better.com’s internal control infrastructure.
- Administer clear policies to ensure that Managers and employees have an intricate understanding of all internal control guidelines and standards.
- Identify the risks that a business faces and develop preventive strategies.
- Responsible for managing, implementing and integrating software applications relating to accounting and finance departments such as: ERP, T&E reimbursement, payroll, vendor management, treasury and more.
- Development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow
- Point person for troubleshooting system issues
- Serve as project manager for any system implementation or upgrades
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or other related field
- 5+ years of experience as an Accountant, Auditor, Internal controls specialist or Assistant controller
- Experience with design and implementation of internal controls in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of SOX compliance
- Strong technical accounting background and solid understanding of GAAP
- Experience with NetSuite or another ERP
- superior analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills that translate across technical and business partners
- Strong motivation and ability to work independently
- Experience with API foundations and SQL (a plus)